Hello all. It’s me again with another process piece on how the textile came to be.
It all started with the birth of my third child: Audrey. I had originally started this art to create a wallpaper for her room but I decided against it and ended up making it into a fabric instead. I love it all the same and hope you can now enjoy it as well.
If you can’t tell, this started with playing around with the letter “A”. I like the symmetry of the letter A and thought it would be pretty in art form. I also wanted it to be feminine so I decided to pack the A full of flowers of which I carved from lino block and then went on to hand-stamp each flower.
I then digitized the final linear A that I was happy with and created a floral motif on my computer using the stamped flowers. I layered the flower motif over the letter A. Finally, I played around with the orientation of the A’s and ended up with a wavy-like effect that seemed very feminine but quiet and simple.
I ordered two colourways in this fabric: a light pink with teal and a light cream with blacky-brown. I didn’t want this fabric to be too feminine so I ended up just falling for the light cream paired with a blacky-brown design. I love the barely-there floral. This fabric holds a special place in my heart as I created it a month after my daughter was born. My super sleep-deprived brain came up with this vision. 🙂
This may just be my pillow combination for spring!
Happy decorating folks!